The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) was enacted in the European Union on May 25, 2018 and contained many significant changes to the data protection laws. Based on protecting privacy and taking a risk-based approach, the GDPR has been designed to meet the requirements of the digital age.
Thank you for visiting and interacting with TJCII. We are dedicated to safeguarding all personal information under our control and in developing a data protection program that is effective and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the GDPR. Our preparation and objectives for GDPR compliance have been summarized in this statement and include the development and implementation of new data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance. If you have any questions or concerns about our Policy or our practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you sign up for our newsletter, contact us via email, or generously provide a donation to our nonprofit (please see the section below specifically for Donors).
Information automatically collected.
We may automatically collect certain information when you visit our website, donate, or interact with our email newsletter. This information may include generic device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We use personal information collected for a variety of purposes described below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you announcements, events and newsletters and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our website, experience at a TJCII event, or experience with the newsletter.
- To protect our Website. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website secure.
- For other Purposes: We may use your information for other Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, events, newsletter, and TJCII user experience.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- Data Protection — accountability and governance measures are in place to ensure that we understand and adequately communicate and document our obligations and responsibilities, with a dedicated focus on privacy by design and the rights of individuals.
- Data Retention & Erasure — our document retention policies and procedures are designed to meet the “data minimization” and “storage limitation” principles and that personal information is stored, archived and destroyed compliantly and ethically. We have dedicated erasure procedures in place to meet the new “Right to Erasure” obligation and are aware of when this and other data subject’s rights apply, along with any exemptions, response timeframes and notification responsibilities.
- Data Breaches — our breach procedures ensure that we have safeguards and measures in place to identify, assess, investigate and report any personal data breach at the earliest possible time.
- Legal Basis for Processing — we are reviewing all processing activities to identify the legal basis for processing and ensuring that each basis is appropriate for the activity it relates to.
- Obtaining Consent — we are revising our consent mechanisms for obtaining personal data, ensuring that individuals understand what they are providing, why and how we use it and giving clear, defined ways to consent to us processing their information.
- Direct Marketing — we are ensuring clear opt-in mechanisms for newsletter subscription; a clear notice and method for opting out and providing unsubscribe features on newsletters and event notifications.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under eighteen (18) years of age. By using the website, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the TJCII website. If we learn that personal information from users less than eighteen (18) years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the newsletter subscription and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age eighteen (18), please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en.
DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES.
By using the TJCII website, you assume all risks associated with the use of the site, including any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file that might be transmitted or activated via the TJCII website or your access to it. TJCII shall not be liable for any damages of any kind (general, special, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits) resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained in the TJCII website.
Copyright (c) 2021 TJCII. All Rights Reserved. All material on this website are copyrighted by TJCII, except for some material that is copyrighted by others and used here by permission. Copyrighted material may not be copied, reproduced or otherwise used for commercial purposes without the written permission of the copyright holder. If you wish to request permission to use materials in a manner otherwise prohibited herein, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, if any, you can: Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and/or comply with legal requirements.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION?
If you have questions or comments about this Policy, you may email us at email@example.com or by mail at: TJCII Headquarters, 6304 Belt Line Rd, Dallas, TX 75254 USA.
Information Collected. Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- contact information: name, complete address, phone number, email address;
- payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information;
- mailing information: name, organization/church, complete address;
- information concerning how you heard about TJCII;
- information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions, personal testimonies, prayer requests; and
- your request to receive periodic updates: e.g., to individuals who request it, we will send periodic mailings related to specific fund-raising appeals, prayer concerns, and newsletters.
- donation history
How Information is Used. TJCII uses your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, and update you on ministry news and events. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. We use the comments you offer to provide you with the information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
No Sharing of Personal Information. TJCII will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of TJCII and only to further the vision and mission of TJCII.
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List. It is our desire to not send unwanted mail to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list.